Saturday, January 30, 2010

BowlCarving

So, I haven't blogged in awhile, but I have been carving some fresh bowls!!
This bowl is one of two that I carved from a crotch in a dead oak that one of my neighbors cut down. This bowl is roughly 18 inches in diameter, and 7 or so inches deep.

This is a platter of sorts. Carved from a cherry tree another neighbor cut down.



It's roughlyl 20 inches long 10 inches wide, and 3 or so inches deep.









This is a bowl I carved from the cherry tree my neighbor cut out of his yard. This bowl will go to them as a thank you for the wood.






The knives in this bowl were a gift from my Dad for my Birthday, or Christmas, or ??? He gave them to me when he was here last November. Thanks Dad! You made the knife finish on this bowl possible.

2 comments:

Kiki said...

From the crotch, hehe.

Cool bowls.

Sharie said...

Beautiful bowls! You are a man of many talents. I love to see your photography of God's creativity in nature, now we have your photography of beautiful things you've carved from nature!! WOW!